Train to be a teacher with us in Lincolnshire!
L.E.A.D. Equate works with The Lincolnshire Teaching School Alliance (LTSA SCITT) to provide a dynamic and supportive environment in which to learn to teach. We offer a high quality school based training programme tailored to your needs. Trainees benefit from working closely alongside experienced and committed staff who are eager to share their skills, experience and practice with the next generation of teachers.
Why L.E.A.D. Equate?
Our Alliance is committed to the continued professional development of its staff. Within a caring and stimulating atmosphere we want our trainees to become outstanding teachers and the future leaders of our learning community.
Please take a look at our Train to Teach Brochure for further information.
Apply to teach in September 2020. UCAS opened on Tuesday 8th October 2019.
The provider code is 277 (Equate Teaching School Alliance/Witham St Hughs) and course code for salaried courses is 2QKY and fee paying courses 2PKD. Please note that for academic year 2020-2021, we only have salaried places for those applicants, who are employed within school whereby the Headteacher has agreed to pay the course fees and/or a salary. There is further information on the Get Into Teaching website regarding grants and funding that may be available to you. Once you have submitted your application via UCAS, we can set a date to interview you for the course to begin your training in September 2020 . The following link will take you to a flow chart with further information on how to apply via UCAS. UCAS opened on Tuesday 8th October 2019.
- A UK degree or equivalent qualification
- GCSE English Language at grade C / Grade 4
- GCSE Maths at grade C / Grade 4
- GCSE Science at grade C / Grade 4
- Two references (one from an employer)
- Current UK school based experience (preferable)
Why a SCITT?
With our school-based training, you will typically spend Monday to Thursday in school, learning on the job first-hand from day one, supported each step of the way by a personal in-school mentor. Fridays will be spent with other trainees on training days or attending sessions with your tutor at the University of Lincoln. Training sessions are lead by experienced practitioners and experts in the field and are based within our partner schools. This gives you both a great opportunity for networking and deciding what type of school you think you would like to teach in when you become qualified at the end of the academic year. By the end of the year, you will be fully ready to move into the classroom as a fully qualified teacher having gained both a PGCE (post graduate certificate in education) and QTS (qualified teacher status).
To find out more …
We’re running a series of information events across Lincolnshire where you can drop in to talk to members of the team and have all your questions answered. See below for details of our next event. For further events and information, click on the following link – https://www.lincolnshiretsa.co.uk/page/?title=Information+Events&pid=150
You can find out more about LTSA SCITT, their training structure, curriculum and funding models on their website here.
If you’re interested in applying to become a teacher or just want to find out more, please contact Stacey Williams.
We are delighted to be working with the following schools to offer trainee places for September 2020:
- Witham St Hughs Academy, Witham St Hughs
- Manor Farm Academy, North Hykham
- Waddington All Saints, Waddington
- St Peter at Gowts C of E Primary, Lincoln
- Lingmoor, North Hykeham
- Heighington Millfield Academy, Heighington
- Pollyplatt Community Primary School
- Sir Francis Hill Community Primary School
- Waddington Redwood Primary Academy, Waddington
- St Michael’s Church of England Primary School, Thorpe on the Hill
- Fosseway Academy, North Hykeham
- Saxilby Church of England Primary School, Saxilby
- Manor Leas Junior Academy, Linco;n
- Bishop King CE Primary School, Lincoln
- Saint Lawrence Church of England Primary School, Skellingthorpe
- Great Steeping Primary School, Great Steeping
- Bracebridge Nursery Infant School, Bracebridge
- Tedder CP School, Digby
- Halton Holgate C of E Primary School, Halton Holegate
- Washingborough Academy, Washingborough
- St Botolph’s C of E Primary School, Sleaford
- Welton St Mary’s CE Primary Academy, Welton
- St Sebastian’s Church of England Primary School, Great Gonerby
- Fiskerton Church of England Primary School, Fiskerton
- Tealby School, Tealby
- Leslie Manser, Doddington Park, Lincoln
- Middle Rasen Primary School, Middle Rasen
If you would like anyh further information on Training to Teach, please contact Stacey Williams – email@example.com or call 01522 214459.