L.E.A.D. Equate is an Appropriate Body for the induction of NQTs. L.E.A.D. Equate offers two NQT Induction Package options for the academic year 2019/20. Both consist of excellent training and support for NQTs and Induction Tutors. Both also include all administration and relevant paperwork and information in order to monitor, support and record outcomes.
Engagement with an Appropriate Body is a statutory requirement for all schools employing and inducting an NQT.
An NQT cannot start their induction until an Appropriate Body has been agreed and the relevant registration information has been submitted to the NCTL
Please download our flyer below which details what our packages include. Our registration form is also available to download if you would like to register an NQT with L.E.A.D. Equate.
We are really excited to be working with The Chartered College of Teaching on their Appropriate Body Pilot, as part of this pilot we can facilitate the process of your NQT becoming a member of The College through a group membership, for more information about what membership can offer, go to https://chartered.college/nqt-membership.
Benefits of membership to the Chartered College of Teaching for NQTs
- Engage with high-quality career development and stay up to date with the most up to date and relevant pedagogy and research
- Connect with a network of like-minded individuals
- Learn from and support teachers from across the country to develop teaching practice
- Gain recognition and awarded status for expertise and commitment to the profession
- Collaborate and showcase expertise on a national platform
- Be part of a national movement committed to shaping the future and raising the status of the teaching profession
NQTs will get access to:
- Research Engagement toolkits
- Professional development resources
- Support for Early Career teachers
- Exclusive invites to events and webinars
- Subscription to termly, peer-reviewed journal “Impact”
- A printed copy of the annual publication for early career teachers “The Profession”
We have had some wonderful feedback from our NQTs this year about the support that L.E.A.D. Equate has offered to them:
“Having L.E.A.D. Equate as my appropriate body has been very beneficial and given me a sense of security knowing that they are always there to support if and when needed.
The Twilight sessions are very useful in that they allow you to meet and chat with lots of others who are also in the same situation as yourself, whilst at the same time focussing on different elements of the profession of being a teacher. Looking around other schools and their individual settings is also really nice because you can “magpie” any ideas that will suit you and your own classroom environment.
Finally, the monitoring observation was a painless experience! Emma was very friendly and professional constantly making you feel at ease whilst ensuring that you are meeting the Teachers Standards and criteria. Feedback is informative and supportive.”
Zoe Halden, Whaplode Primary School
Our basic package costs £300 per NQT.
Our enhanced package costs £900 per NQT.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to find out any further information.